New date and a new location! The Grand Tasting has moved and is happening Friday, September 22! We hope you will be able to join us as we celebrate the wine and culinary industries for our 21st year of Winefest.
We hope you will join us for the Grand Tasting on Friday, September 22nd. The Grand Tasting features the best food and wine available in Central Iowa. This event is an intimate affair, attracting true foodies and wine aficionados.
Below you will find the registration form for the Grand Tasting. We are excited to announce that this year we have a stipend for the event of $750! Please fill out the form and submit it by August 18, 2022. We greatly appreciate your support and generosity, and we know that our event would not be a success without our local chefs, restaurants, caterers and confectioners.
Friday, September 22nd, 2023
Hotel Fort Des Moines
5 – 9 pm (Doors open at 5 VIPs, 6 for the general public)
Approximately 600 two-three ounce gourmet bites served per vendor
- The restaurant/food vendor agrees to plan, prepare and serve 600 servings of one 2-3 oz. gourmet bite.
- Vendor must comply with all health, sanitation, and fire regulations as mandated by the State of Iowa, the City of Des Moines, and Polk County, Iowa.
- The restaurant/food vendor will be paid up to a $750 stipend for its services as long as all terms of agreement are met.
- Services include all kitchen staff and event staff. You may have additional servers pass appetizers among the crowd if you desire.
- Booths will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
- Restaurant/food vendor must show copy of license and insurance prior to setting up for the event.
- Winefest encourages restaurants/food vendors to bring additional marketing materials, such as menus, business cards, and catering information.
- Winefest agrees to provide the following: 30” x 8’ table, chairs, napkins, tablecloths and skirting. Plates are distributed to attendees upon entry to the event. The restaurant is responsible for any additional needs unless they contact the Winefest office upon their agreement to participate.
- Winefest agrees to provide appropriate signage above each booth featuring the restaurant/food vendor’s name and to include the restaurant/food vendor’s name in the Winefest program.